Course content & Agenda
- Overview of Health and Safety Legislation
- PUWER 1998
- Hazards, Risks and Risk Control Measures
- Accident Causation and Prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Types of Machines and Abrasive Wheels
- Noise Hazards
- Pre-Use Abrasive Wheel and Machine Safety Checks
- Mounting of Abrasive Wheels
- Dressing, Truing and Balancing
- Course Assessment
This course is suitable for all operators, managers and supervisors who, as part of their working duties select, mount, specify or use abrasive wheels as defined in PUWER Regulations 1998.
The aim of the course is to enable delegates to work safely, to provide awareness of the dangers and hazards of abrasive wheels, and to offer practical steps to reduce workplace accidents and encourage workers to adopt a culture that results in a safer workplace.