Health and Safety Consultancy

CWE training are registered with the Health and Safety Executive

as Health and Safety consultants

We could be the missing piece for your organisation to comply with health and safety. We offer pay as you go consultancy. We can become your competant person for health and safety advice.


Health and safety is about preventing people from being harmed by work or becoming ill through work. This is so important that the law says we must not put ourselves, other workers or the public in danger.

Health and safety law applies to all businesses however small. It covers employees, full - or part-time, temporary or permanant ; the self-employed; young people doing work experience; apprentices; charity workers; mobile workers and homeworkers. If you hire temps or casuals from agencies you have responsibilities too.

There are 10 key things which you must do:

1. Decide what could cause harm to people and how to take precautions This is your risk assessment.


2. Decide how you are going to manage health and safety in your business. If you have 5 or more employees you need to write this down. This is your health and safety policy.


3. If you employ anyone you need Employers Liability Compulsory Insurance and you must display the certificate in your workplace.


4.You must provide free health and safety training for your workers so they know what hazards and risks they may face and how to deal with them.


5.You must have competent advice to help you meet your health and safety duties. This can be workers from your business, external consultants/advisers or a combination of these.


6.You need to provide toilets, washing facilities and drinking water for all your employees, including those with disabilities. These are basic health, safety and welfare needs.


7.You must consult employees on health and safety matters.


8.If you have employees you must display the health and safety law poster or provide workers with a leaflet with the same information.


9.If you are an employer, self-employed or in control of work premises, by law you must report some work-related accidents, diseases and dangerous occurrences.


10.If you are a new business you will need to register either with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or your Local Authority - depending on the sort of business you have


We can assisit with some are all of this call now 0117 9490847