Principles of Manual Handling
Level 1 Health & Safety Qualification
Duration 1/2 Day
Principles of Manual Handling is a stand alone level 1 qualification, which compliments the CIEH Foundation Certificate in Health & Safety programme. Successful completion will prepare delegates to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the development of safer methods and tasks, in co-operation with their managers and supervisors. This qualification is not intended to train students to carry out manual handling assessments.
Who should attend:
It is suitable for all employees who carry out manual handling activities at work and introduces students to the hazards of manual handling the risks involved and controls available and what to expect from a manual handling assessment
Topic areas covered:
- The process of manual handling in the workplace
- Manual handling injuries and the activities that cause them
- Manual handling assessments and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
By the end of the programme the delegate will be able to:
- explain what is meant by the term “Manual Handling” and give examples.
- explain how manual handling can cause injury and give examples
- state the principles for controlling manual handling risks and apply these in a practical context.
- demonstrate a general understanding of the value and purposes of conducting a manual handling assessment and what employees can expect of such assessments
- demonstrate an understanding of the main provisions of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations
This course can be delivered at your premises. The programme is delivered over 3-4 hours and assessment is by means of a short objective test of upon where successful delegates will be awarded the CIEH certificate.
Contact us for the best possible prices : 0845 8387107